These are the main changes introduced with the Swimming Pool Regulation 2018 that affect certification work:
- Certifiers must record details for certificates of non-compliance on the Swimming Pool Register within three days of inspection.
- Pool barriers may comply with the BCA using deemed-to-satisfy or performance solution pathways.
- Occupiers must display a warning notice while a pool is under construction.
- More flexibility in how spa pools can be secured.
- Minor changes to warning notice requirements.
For further details, go to https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/regulations/2018-503.pdf